Friday, April 11, 2008

Me and Chess

I am addicted to chess since I was at age 15. I start seriously studying chess from a book that I borrow from library. I learn simple tactics and strategies, basic opening and essential ending which I used to play against my brothers. After succeed in beating my brother, and then I was selected to represent my school in MSSD. I was failed to get through for MSSM, what a pity me, it’s just one point separated me.


Honestly I am not a talented chess player. Thanks to my best friend who encourages me to study new system opening so call ‘English Opening’. I noticed a lot improvement in my game after finished study that opening book. During my years of study in University, most of my times are spent by involving in chess tournaments. I used to have chess practice right before revise my study book even for a short duration. Luckily I manage to finish my study and graduated as Degree’s holder in Mechatronic’s field. Somehow the improvement in my ‘chess’ is not very convincing and still at the same level.


After I got a permanent job, money is not a factor anymore for me to get involved in any chess tournament that held around Malaysia but the problem is about time. I got no time for intensive chess training and also time for traveling. I thought with having enough money, I can do whatever I want to help my chess improve but it goes into other direction. So I decided to join chess club near my area with all the strong chess players gathered there to setup mini tournament. What a great opportunity for me! Then I start realized that my chess has been improved.


After got a confidence toward my style of chess, I start join rated tournament. In July 2007, I got FIDE rating. I believed I am addicted to chess and will play chess forever.


“ Chess can release my tension. When I was about thinking on the next move, I put also all my problems on the board as if I am totally out of this world, then after the game is over, I assume my problems also over “

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Website so far that I ever Found, Good Job.

Anonymous said...

U r great man, dont give up, u have ur own stylo, and Rated as well

Chesstantic -The only SYOK SENDIRI chess blog said...

Bigots akan sentiasa menyokong perkembangan dan perjalan catur kenadok.

Anonymous said...

why didnt u tell about your first game against me (MSSD 1996)...hehehe...natang bigots!!!